Saturday, September 20, 2008

Comedy Club Central

Last night Todd and I experienced our very first comedy club. Man, what have we be missing?? I use the word experienced because it truly was just that. We didn't "go" to a comedy club; we didn't "attend" a comedy club; it was definitely an "experience." Todd won tickets to the show from JACK FM radio station, and since we had wanted to go for a while, we thought it would make a great evening. It was a FABULOUS evening--I laughed so hard at some points that tears were streaming down my face! Craig Gass was the headliner comedien, and he was freakin' awesome!
Craig has done so many national stuff--he's roasted Gene Simmons and Tommy Lee on Comedy Central, co-hosted Howard Stern (he's still the sound guy on Howard Stern), does so many impressions, but I know him mainly as Miranda's Weight Watcher-donut-loving boyfriend in an episode of "Sex and the City."

Craig's show is DEFINITELY R-rated and is not suitable for children of any age or adults who easily get offended. His impressions were uncanny--Al Pacino, Sam Kinison, Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken (the best I think), and Tracey Morgan.

I gotta run because we are meeting Todd's parents for dinner, but if you ever get a chance to see this guy in action, go do it. Just leave your children and morals at home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrible. You should NEVER leave your morals at home. "If you deny yourself before Me, I will deny you before the Father." I would definitely fear the Lord's wrath upon your lives if you continue in this path.

April said...

Who are you and why are posting Bible verses to me? If you want to play that game, let's play. My turn--"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."