Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Lovely Bones


I just got home from seeing one of the BEST movies I've seen in my 31 years--The Lovely Bones. Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame made a beautiful, stunning should-be-an-epic film. I won't give anything away, but if you are a fan of moving storylines and gripping climaxes, this is a movie for you. I knew I would like it before I ever watched the movie because I read the book back a few years ago before it became popular, and it hit a nerve with me. I don't know if it's because of my sister's death from so many moons ago, but I recognized myself in this story. The Lovely Bones was such a mesmorizing book I didn't want it to end. Skirting the border between human reality and the imagined wonders of heaven, I felt I had been introduced to a world both tangible yet so far away all the same.

What do you think?

1 comment:

bonnie said...

I cannot wait to see it!!