Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sometimes ya just gotta get away...

I had a blast last weekend! It was just me and the girls--my good friend Kodi, her sister Jennifer, and two others from my scrapbook world Gail and Fran. We stayed down at our usual spot in Branson, and I loved every minute of it! Lately I have been going up to KC to see Todd on the weekends, but I had waited for this weekend since the beginning of the year. I needed and wanted to get together with them for my sanity! Sometimes ya just gotta get away (sorry Mom!). While I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped in our Disney album (I never do!), I enjoyed myself just the same. We watched movies, ate (more healthy I might add than in times past!), and just talked to each other. By the way, one of my new favorite movies is "Juno"--sorry Kodi to steal from your blog b/c I know you wrote about this too. I had seen the movie before, but I had been busy doing other things then. This time, I let myself really watch it and man, was it good! I even teared up at the end, and I didnt' think I would on that movie. The soundtrack is cool too. I want to get that for sure! It's kind of folksy, but it's music you can actually understand all the words and sing along. That's all I ask for!

As far as my scrapping went, I did about 8 or 9 pages, and I am still working on one that I started. It's the Epcot page, but I need to finish stitching the title. Kodi showed me how to stitch properly, but it takes way too long! It's definitely a skill you have to have patience for--let's just hope I remember how to do it when I get the time to finish. I was hoping to have our last summer's Disney tripped scrapped and in the album by this summer, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon. Once I get my Disney scrapbook room maybe that will inspire me to want to finish it!

I have no pictures with which to close, but I will soon have my computer back once we get moved into the house. Girls, I had a FABULOUS time with you last weekend, and I can't wait to see you again! Next time it will probably be a tear-fest!

Tootles! (I have no idea where that came from!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Tootles????" CRACK HEAD!-Todd

Kodi Logan said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It had been way too long!!!!! I haven't even started working on any of the finishing touches on my pages. I did put my scrapbook room back together tonight though. I have to do things a little at a time b/c I feel like crap!

April said...

Thanks honey~:)

Kodi--I wanted to say this on your blog, but I kept getting an error message when I'd try to post my comment. So...Mom said she saw Trai the other night at Walmart and was so disappointed because she didn't think he talked nearly as southern as he used to! She wondered where his "Southerness" went to--she said he's been living here too long! I thought it was funny!

Kodi Logan said...

OMG, that is funny. I think Trai's family would have to agree. Sometimes when we are down there visiting, Trai's family will stop him mid sentence and say, "What did you say?" They say he's learned to talk "yankee" and they don't like it one bit! :)