Wednesday, June 25, 2008

pool...sweet pool

Since I was on here yesterday to do a little work on my blog--note the added music and info on the side--I thought I'd at least update the blog today with random thoughts.


1. We have the pool up and running. I still don't think it's as clean as we can get it, and the water is a bit cloudy, but it's swimmable (is that a word??). Todd and his dad got in last night to cool down after their hard work on moving a downspout from the back of the house to the front. I took a dip today for about an hour or so and lounged on my new floaty. I think I am going to like this pool once I figure out exactly what I am doing!

2. I worked ALL DAY yesterday on updating, sorting, and uploading all of our pictures from our cameras to the computer. I had HUNDREDS to go through because I had not worked on any pictures since before Christmas last year! After finally sorting and working them all through Photoshop, I uploaded 169 pictures to Winkflash for ordering. Those pictures include school pictures from this past school year, my weekend with my mom when we saw "Wicked", my 30th birthday, Dad's funeral, Christmas, two racing weekends, and other random events. Now I just have to wait for the scrapbook room to be finished before I can drag out all of my stuff!


3. When I was working on my pictures yesterday, I decided I really want to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 6. I tried downloading a trial 30-day version, but Adobe said it wouldn't be available until July 1st. I'll try again! I really wish you got more of a discount than $20 if you had already purchased a previous version! I just want to "upgrade", not buy a brand new product!


4. Todd's cousin Andrea inspired me to do a little creative photography of my own. In her house in St. Louis, she has pictures of random (I think that's my word for the day!) things in St. Louis--a little cafe, a street, the arch, etc. So...I took random pictures of KC, turned them into black/white/funky pictures, and we are going to put them somewhere downstairs. If we do put in a small mini-bar, they will go around that area. Here are a couple of examples I did:




The first one is the KC skyline standing in the tunnel leading from Union Station to the Crown Center. The second picture (my favorite of the bunch) is the wall outside of the downtown public library. I just thought it was really cool, and I loved how it turned out in black and white.

Gotta run--next time I have to tell you about meeting my favorite drag racer Dave Connelly (he's a hottie!!!).

5 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Neat photos! You about ready for some company????

Hey, go to the Jessica Sprague site..click on gallery...go to the Now We're Rockin 2008 gallery and look for the Wicked layout. You can't miss it. You'll know what I'm talking about! I thought of you when I saw it.

April said...

We are so ready!!! I'm emailing you with directions to our house--it's really easy!!

I'll check out the Wicked layout b/c I'll have one coming up!

Kodi Logan said...

There are actually 2 Wicked layouts now!!!!

April said...

I can't find them! I can't even find the Now We're Rockin 2008 Gallery. I'll try again!

Anonymous said...

MickeyMFan,
I followed my "English Teacher" feed from my own blog, and yours was one that came up (I was piqued because I am moving from NJ to KC at the end of this month.)
I have to say, I LOVE your photos; what program did you use to transform them? I am fascinated by the blurred edges and funky look to them. I also LOVE the one outside the library--I'll have to check that out as soon as I'm in town.