Monday, July 7, 2008

New header...new world

Notice my nice new blog header?? I created that all by myself!! I would be so impressed with myself right now, except that little header took me about two hours to do. Kodi introduced me to a whole new world of digital scrapbooking, how to find free templates and kits online, and how to even make my own blog header. Thanks Kodi!!

I do want to try to make my own digital scrapbook page sometime--I might try it later today or tomorrow--but part of me doesn't want to give up on the paper scrapbooks. I love the thought of having my own scrapbook room downstairs, and I don't want to give that up. I could see how scrapping digitally might be faster once I really know what I'm doing, but I just have too much scrapbook stuff to go all digital. What would be nice is to become a "hybrid" scrapbooker--one that uses the combination of digital and paper. We'll see if I can even get through my first digital page before I entertain that thought!

Kodi and her family came up yesterday to spend the night at our house before they flew out to Orlando this morning. We all had such a good time just talking, watching Emmarie and Soze (our dog) play all afternoon. Bonnie, Kodi's friend, and hopefully a new friend of mine, came over too to see everyone while they were up here in KC. Now I just have to wait until next Sunday to hear all about their trip to Disney World and imagine myself in their shoes!

3 comments:

Hayley Fraser said...

I love your new look! And thanks for commenting on mine! Are you going to the Gals Getaway at JoAnn's condo in Camdenton this week? I think Lori and I are driving there and back on Thursday. Would love to see you. Would also love to be lounging around in your pool about right now...so flipping hot here!

April said...

I don't think I'm going. I thought I might, but with gas as high as it is, I'm just going to pass. Please tell everyone I said hello and I will definitely miss them all this fall. I have to go back to school for meetings August 4th! ACK!!

bonnie said...

Love the new look. Maybe you can show me how to do that. No hopefully, any good friend of Kodi's can automatically be a friend of mine. Give me a call anytime.