Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Tag--I'm it!

Christmas Question Tag courtesy of my friend Haley

The rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the questions below.
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag. Have FUN!!

1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I can't stand egg nog. I'm not sure what's in it, but the idea of raw eggs in my drink make me nauseated. I love hot chocolate if it's made with milk--no watery stuff for me!

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
When I was little, he did both. He'd wrap the smaller presents but leave the one big gift each year for me to see when I walked (or ran) into the room. Now he wraps all gifts.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Now it depends on the tree--in the living room and around the front porch, the lights are colored. The tree in the kitchen is done with white lights. The colored lights would definitely clash!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I never have had the real thing, but when I had a faux mistletoe, I hung it over the door. No need to do that this year...

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Normally they are put up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year, they were up the next week. Todd even came over to help me. Good thing too because I don't think I could have carried the tree upstairs by myself.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Umm...there are too many to choose from! I love mom's stuffing in the giant army-sized trough, Todd's mom's plate of goodies, plus I can't forget about just the regular stuff I eat all season long!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I remember getting a ballerina set when I was 7 or 8 years old. I walked into the room and the box was calling my name! Dad installed the bar in my bedroom and I pretended I was a ballerina for at least a year! I don't think I ever had a tutu, but I would just wear my bathing suit over a pair of tights. Good thing there aren't any pictures of that--thanks Mom!

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I don't remember doing this when I was little, but as I turned older, I think I was able to open one small gift on Christmas Eve. Todd and I always celebrated with his family on this night, then went to Mom's for Christmas Day. This year, Todd and his parents are coming over Monday night to spend some time at my house.

9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I have the usual tree in the living room that now looks smaller than usual thanks to the high ceiling. That tree is decorated with mostly Disney ornaments, with a few other random ones thrown in for good measure. My new tree in the kitchen is my new favorite! It's decorated only in red, white, and black to match the kitchen/dining decor.

10. Can you ice skate?
I only remember doing this once for my 9th birthday down in Little Rock. My parents took a friend of mine along for the occasion, and while I remember loving the experience, I haven't done it since. I'm not sure I'd make it very far now!

11. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Well, I don't know if she counts as a gift, but we bought Soze during the Christmas season, and she has been the best dog a girl could ask for!

12. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Mmmm...how can I choose one? Mom's pecan pie, Connie's plate of sin, etc. It's all good...

13. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Taking turns opening one present at a time rather than all just diving in. When I was little, we used to dive in together, and presents would only take about 5 minutes to open. Now we have come to our senses and open one at a time.

14. What tops your tree?
The Disney tree is, of course, topped by Mickey Mouse. The new tree has a cute little glittery silver star that I'm sure will spread its cheer over everything in the box when I pack it away.

15. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
While I do love to be on the receiving end of a great gift, I much more prefer to give a gift and see the person's face as he or she opens it. It doesn't have to be the most extravagent present, but I want the person to know that I chose this particular item just for them.

16. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Once Thanksgiving arrives, I indulge myself in Christmas music 24/7. That's all I listen to in the car and on the radio at school during my plan time. I have several I like--Straight No Chaser's version of "12 Days of Christmas" (if you haven't Youtubed it yet, check it out!), "The Christmas Song," "Mary, Did You Know?,"but my all-time favorite is "O Holy Night."

17. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I usually only have one for the season. That's about it. Not really a big fan of those--give me chocolate instead!

18. What do you want for Christmas?
My wants have changed over the last few weeks. Now I want an ipod so I can listen to music when I work out at the gym. I also want a new chair for my classroom, a heater for downstairs so I can scrapbook in the winter, and a Bodybugg.

19. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party?
I don't think I've ever been to an "annual" party, but I did go to the school party yesterday. While I didn't win anything (do I ever?), I did have a really good time both there and at the afterparty.

20. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
We dress comfy but you've got to be prepared and presentable for pictures. I used to wear something "Christmas"-y, but now I have come to my senses and realize that I'm only 30--not 65!

21. Do you own a santa hat?
I do but only wear it on special occasions. Come to think of it, I haven't worn it ever!

22. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
This year, I'm spending Christmas day with my mom, brother Cliff and his wife Terri. My grandma and Uncle Bryan will probably be there too. I'll miss seeing my two nephews, Adam and Jon. Then the next week, I'm off to Memphis to spend some time with my stepmom's family.

I tag Kodi, Bonnie, Mom (you can post a reply you know!), and Terri. Who else wants to play?

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Good one. My answers are on my blog~

Kodi Logan said...

Forgot to mention that we'll be home this week. Planning on going to SDC on Friday night...if the weather forecast stays the same. We'll be in Cabool all day Saturday, so I guess we should try and get together some time before Thursday?

April said...

Well, that leaves Wednesday. Would you want to get together for lunch? I'm game for anything--just let me know.

Kodi Logan said...

We can do lunch...I'll have little one with me though. I guess it kind of depends on the weather too, huh?