Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thanks to Mom

Mom and I spent some quality Mother-Daughter time over Thanksgiving. I drove down to Springfield to visit, eat, shop, and go to a Branson show. Ryan's buffet fed us a home cooked meal (at least it tasted like it!), and we both enjoyed out time there because 1) we didn't have to cook a giant Thanksgiving dinner just for the two of us, and 2) we didn't have to clean up after ourselves! We also treated ourselves to a movie, but for the life of me, I can't think of what we saw now.

Of course, Black Friday meant SHOPPING! I am NOT one of those people who venture out early anymore after standing in line for 3 hours to buy a $20 DVD player a few years back. Who wants that? So now I just get up and go out on my own when I feel like it. This year it didn't seem like the crowds were too bad. Most of my shopping was done that day, and then I met up with Mom after she got off work that afternoon. We went back out for more shopping and finally finished up around 9 pm. Needless to say, that was one LONG day!!

Saturday meant lounging around the house and then heading for Branson later in the afternoon. Mom had bought us tickets (FRONT ROW...) to see the Baldknobbers Country Jamboree. I used to LOVE this show when I was a little girl. Now? Not as much...After seeing so many Broadway shows, this was just a small letdown. I mean, the singers could sing, the comedians were funny, but it just wasn't the same show from when I was a kid. Next year, I think we will go back to our favorite show in Branson--Pierce Arrow.


No comments: