Sunday, March 7, 2010

A whole lotta new

This will be a short blog because I'm trying to watch the 2010 Academy Awards, grade, create a vocabulary handout for Romeo and Juliet, and de-shed Soze all at the same time. However, I wanted to take a short break and reflect on the events of the past two weeks of my life.

I have met someone new. This someone is probably the nicest man I have ever met or will ever meet in my lifetime. His name is Arturo, and yes, he is another foreigner. :) It's not like I go looking for them, but he found me, and I am so, so happy he did. We only met two weeks ago, but we have pretty much been together ever since. Arturo is from Peru, has lived in this country for nine years, and works very hard to better his life. He has high hopes for his future and isn't satisfied just working to pay his bills. That is one of the things I admire about him--that, and his love for his family. And yes, I've asked about their beliefs in fortune tellers! ;)

We will see where this relationship takes me, but for now, I know I'm in good hands. He tells me I'm beautiful, treats me like I'm his princess, and who can resist that? I'll post pics when I have them.

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Well, it's about time we got the scoop. It's not nice to make us curious minds wait for so long! :)

Glad you are happy. Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

wow- I'm so happy for you and that you've been able to move on!!! I can't wait to hear more and see the pics!
-Steph