Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day: Feliz Dia de la Madre

For Mother's Day, I had Arturo's ENTIRE family (well, those who are over here in the states...) over to my house for my first cookout with my new grill. We all had such a good time eating, laughing, eating some more, laughing some more, and just being with each other on this special day since Arturo's mom was here from Peru.

I made this strawberry cake and wrote Happy Mother's Day in Spanish using these cool icing markers. If Arturo had his way, though, the cake would have said something about blah blah blah la plata, or "Give me all your money" since that is what he told me Happy Mother's Day was in Spanish. His whole family, including his mother, thought that story was hysterical! I am just glad Arturo's 12-year-old nephew actually had the guts to tell me the truth! :)

Esperanza (sister), Primi (mother), and Arturo hanging out with the monkey man at the Plaza downtown

Primi likes me :) but I know she wishes she could have an actual conversation with me, not with a translator.

Regina (cousin) and the rest of Primi's family

The whole family, even with Soze's butt!


Now I'm just ready for the end of the school year--only 10 1/2 days left! :) Plus, my carpet is getting installed on Friday, so I should have basement pics shortly of the mostly-finished girl-cave.

No comments: