Wednesday, July 7, 2010

100th post long overdue

Should I begin with the most recent and work backward or vice versa? I never know where to begin with this thing, unlike my scrapbooks. Those are always done in chronological order, but this is different. So much has come up since my last post--Mother's Day. Ummm...it's after the 4th of July now.

Summer school is almost over (2 days left!!), and this summer has definitely been tougher than last year. I don't know if it's the days--I was on vacation this time last year--or if just the kids are different, but Friday cannot come soon enough for me! On the plus side, with teaching summer school, I get the chance to read every day. While I can't say that I've read any fascinating academic books, I did re-read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn before seeing the new flick. No Academy Awards will be earned, but I love those stories and movies just the same. Now I'm in the middle of the new addition to the Twilight family--The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner. Next up will be The Book Thief (Thanks Hayley!).

This summer also saw the completion (as much as could be done at the moment) of my basement. It's been painted, carpeted, and furnished. Now I just need to add a TV and surround sound system to finish off my "woman-cave".



These four pictures came extremely cheap--they are 12x12 scrapbook paper. I love when I can re-invent something into art.


My Disney scrapbook room was already painted and mostly furnished, but I changed out my utility shelves for some cute white wooden shelves. Now I just need to actually sit down and scrap!




No comments: