Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Decisions, decisions

Oh me, oh my. Why do I have to make these tough decisions? I wish I had a magic Genie (is that a proper name?) who would tell me exactly what would happen if I made the right or wrong choice. My dilemma is this: a new job. A new job. My possible dream job? Lee's Summit West High School, the school roughly 3-5 minutes from my house, has a high school Reading position posted for next year. What do I do????? I absolutely LOVE my building. I LOVE my kids. I LOVE my friends. I LOVE the fact that I will be going to Europe in June 2012 on a school trip (more details on that one later if it pans out). I LOVE my job as an English II and III teacher. I LOVE my leadership position on the Instructional Leadership Team. I LOVE the opportunity to be the Assistant Speech/Debate Coach, which comes with a stipend. I LOVE the opportunity to teach Night School and Summer School, both of which come with extra paychecks. (For what it's worth, I would take about a $4000 pay cut once all my "extras" are taken away by moving schools.) When I look at all of these things, I can't imagine that I would leave the comfort of what I've known over the past 3 years, but I also know Lee's Summit is a great school district, my drive would cut down from 50 minutes a day to 10 tops, and being a Reading teacher is what I went to school for. It's what I was hoping to eventually be at my current school, but that opportunity has never come.

Help me! I don't want to apply for the position and interview just to say, "No thanks anyway." I need to know that this is truly what I want for myself before I put myself through the trouble and agony of starting all over again. Hmmm....

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Interview. If you are offered the position, it's meant to be.

bonnie said...

I'm with Kodi.