Saturday, October 20, 2007

What's new?

The Christmas season has "officially" began for me. Mom and I went shopping down in Branson, and while she bought several things for family members, I only ended up with one thing for Todd. He is so hard to buy for because most of his Christmas wishes must be bought online! I did tell Mom that I wanted a new scrapbook table and chair--Kodi, did you and Jennifer get yours at Sam's? We are going on Friday after school to look and see what they have.

Last weekend was the first speech tournament of the season for us at school. In fact, it was the first tournament in our area, plus it was held at our school! I ran around on both Friday and Saturday, trying to help out the kids as much as possible. The traveling season begins the first weekend of November, so I am free until then. After that, I am gone most weekends until March. I think we are going to 9 or 10 tournaments this year before district and state competition in March and April. What I am REALLY looking forward to is Nationals. I truly hope we have enough kids qualify because that means I would get a FREE trip to VEGAS!!! Vegas, baby!! Can you imagine me and one other adult taking 6-7 high school kids to Vegas? If it is the same as two years ago in Dallas, I would just be the chauffeur. Drop off the kids, have the days free to sightsee, then pick up the kids in the evening. Fun for me!! Let's keep our fingers crossed some of the kids make it--I may have to bribe them to do well!!

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

i got my table and chair at Sam's. It's been several years though. Not sure if they still carry them.

Already Christmas shopping, huh? Must be nice! I've thought about it. Does that count?

Jeff and Robin White said...

Oh my gosh!!!! If you are going to end up in Vegas you HAVE to let me know ahead of time. I can probably fly down there and spend the day with you. It's cheap to fly from here. That would be so fun. We could do some major Vegas shopping together. Oh man. Let me know.