Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Scrapbooking weekend

It seems since school has begun I don't have the 1) time or 2) energy to keep up with my blogging. I don't have the energy to keep up with anything at home much less spend time on my blog. However, I did find time on Sunday to straighten and organize my scrapbooking area. I really want a room that I can just dedicate to my scrapping, but that's a dream in another world right now. In the meantime, I have a space set up in our small office--card table, bookshelf, and closet. I organized all of my paper in their carriers, but I really want some stacking shelves I can keep my paper in. It would seem so much easier to find that way! I organized my pens and anything else that had just been sitting on the table since the last time I scrapped a few months ago. I even organized our Disney pictures from this summer! I am going to try to make an ABC album, so instead of organizing by chronology, which every other album I have ever created is like, I made categories. I have an "Are we there yet?" theme to a "Zipping around the world" theme, plus MANY MANY more in between. I do have more than one page for each letter. In fact I have several Ms and Ts. I think I may try my first hand at chipboard for the beginning page of each letter, then let the other same letter pages fall behind that main page. Does that make sense? I definitely want to get started soon, but I may wait until the speech tourney is over this weekend. My next two weekends are busy, so it may get pushed back to the end of this month. On a positive scrapbooking side, Todd and I did get his racing album journaled in this weekend. He went to the races back in June!

Two weekends ago I took some senior pictures of a former student and his friend. We went out to Sequiota Park and took more "natural" shots there, then headed over to the Maple Park (??) Cemetary on the corner of Grand and Campbell. We ended up downtown and shot some nice urban pictures. I think that most of the pics turned out really nice and the boys liked what I did with Photoshop. I told them to tell all of their friends and advertise for me!! Maybe I can drum up some business for next summer. I think it is a little late for this year!! Here are some of my favorite shots from that weekend--their faces are blurred because they are students at my school and I don't want to run the risk of putting them on the internet!

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kodi Logan said...

I hear you about needing some time to scrapbook! Have you found out if Janey's date will work for you?

Where did you get that cool shot downtown? That's neat how you left the mural in color. Very cool!

April said...

Guess what--no dice on the Janey weekend. We will be in St. Louis that weekend for a tournament!!! URGH!! I don't know when I'm going to scrapbook, but I'll find time soon I hope. I may be making a book for Todd's parents of their Spain trip. They are there right now--Lucky!!

Kodi Logan said...

hey, thursday after school sounds good to me. just call me when you are ready to swing by.