Tuesday, January 15, 2008

all alone...plus the dog

With Todd gone, the house does seem more empty, but Soze and I will get used to it! He has only been gone really for one day and I have already made one nice change to the bedroom. I did not care for our worn out solid black comforter on our bed, so I bought a new set--full of our "African Safari" colors--red, yellow, olive, black, etc. It is so pretty!! (I don't have any pictures of it, but I do plan on taking pictures of our house before we move.) The colors just make our red walls stand out that much more. It still feels a little stiff, but with Soze laying on it every night, it will wear down too! Speaking of Soze, we are keeping her outside now JUST in case the realtor brings some potential buyers over to the house and she is WORN OUT at night! Last night, she slept a good 2 hours, then went to bed with me and slept the whole night! We have the whole bed to ourselves and what does she do??? Soze takes up the whole thing so I still have to sleep right on the edge of the bed--not tonight! I think I am going to get in the middle of the bed and make Soze sleep on the edge.

What this house-selling business is forcing me to do:
1. make the bed every morning
2. sweep every night
3. vacuum every 2 nights
4. keep all "stuff" picked up off the floor
5. keep all dishes in the dishwasher or cabinets
6. clean up all of my scrapbook supplies after using (that's a tough one!!)
7. make sure everything looks "dusted" (I'm not dusting every day!!)

I am hoping by forcing me to do this on a daily basis that I will be in the habit of cleaning when we move up to KC. I go up there on Thursday for 2 interviews--one with Liberty and the other with Park Hill. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

well, i hope you get a lot accomplished now that it's just you and soze. good luck with your interviews. are they both for special ed. positions?

April said...

The one in Park Hill is for Special Ed but the one in Liberty is English. They also teach Reading in the HS. That's the job I am hoping for!!

Kodi Logan said...

you asked about my lens for my camera. it's a 50 mm fixed. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!i think it was around $130...not real bad.