Thursday, January 3, 2008

This one is for KODI...

Okay, I just got in trouble from a very close friend named KODI because I don't blog enough. I realize that she is right, but I do try when I can! I usually just have other stuff I am doing instead (watching TV, sleeping, etc.). Lately I've been working on getting our house ready to sell. It's now official! We put it on the market today, the realtor will get the listing tomorrow, take pictures on Saturday, and hopefully have people looking next week! Yikes!! I do have to say that our house looks better now than when we moved in (minus the carpet--bad dog!!). We painted every room except the hall bath and our bedroom, which was already painted a nice color. I just hope it sells now!

On a related front, I have sent in my resume and required paperwork to four school districts up in KC, and I have already heard back from Park Hill, my number one choice!! I have an interview on the 17th, so I'll let you know who it goes. My only reservation about this district is that they want me for Special Ed. I know that's what I got my degree in, but after being out and teaching Reading and English, I don't know that I want to go back to Special Ed. I do miss my kids, but I do not miss the paperwork ONE bit! If I do go back to Special Ed., it would have to be in the high school. There is not enough money in the world to make me want to do elementary!

Tomorrow I am going to Michael's to spend a gift card I got for Christmas. Are there any new "must-haves" for scrapbooking that I am missing out on? I know that I am getting a paper piercer and some eyelets to go with my new Cropadile (another Christmas gift!). Anything else? I may pick up some Chipboard as well, but I still don't really know what to do with it.

Well, the house is calling. Tonight I am planning on "cleaning" out our bottom kitchen cupboards so that when people open them up, they don't look so crappy. I am also going to do that to our bathroom cabinets as well. Tomorrow night is reserved for taking down the rest of the stuff in our garage (movie posters) and giving the house a good onceover before the realtor comes in on Saturday to take pictures.

I don't have any pictures to include in this post. I meant to take pictures of the scrapbook I made for my brother about our Dad, but never did before giving it to him for Christmas. He LOVED it! My nephew loved it too! I am planning on making one for myself maybe this spring. I have too many scrapbook plans this spring--start/finish our Disney album from last summer (I have 2 pages finished!), update our family and Christmas albums, and make the album dedicated to my dad. Whew!!! We'll see how much I get done!

7 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Glad to see you blogged. You aren't in trouble...I'm just saying that since you are leaving me, you gonna have to blog a lot more from KC. I'll miss you so much! Even though we don't see each other a lot, it's comforting to know you are readily available for a lunch date or scrapbooking or whatever. :) There are several neat things at Micheals. Just buy stuff that looks cool to you. If you don't know how to use it, I'm pretty sure I can show you most things! Are you still doing debate? If not, you need to sign up for the sketch sessions at SG for january.

April said...

Oh yes, I have 6 more tournaments to go to in Jan-March, and then I am done until Nationals this summer. I am planning on going to look today and see what Michael's has. I honestly don't know what I want. I might end up buying just what I *need* for now and save the rest for something else later on. We'll see. I'm not really in the buying mood, but it's either that or go home and clean!! The realtor is coming tomorrow to take pictures of every room in the house. I am planning on cleaning out the cabinets tonights so when people open them up, it actually looks nice and organized!

Kodi Logan said...

so what did you get?

April said...

I ended up getting just 2 things--a package of eyelets AND the BIG thing I have wanted for a long time--an actual paper organizer! It's the cube organizer that has slots made for paper. I haven't put it together yet b/c I was waiting for the realtor to take pictures. I am planning on putting it up tonight. I can't wait!!

Kodi Logan said...

hey, you need to send me all your little insider tips about disney! i've been reading the disboards until my brain hurts!

April said...

They are addicting I know!!! The disboards are my life when I am gearing up to go to WDW--I feel as if my life is incomplete if I don't visit there daily before a trip. I haven't been there in a long time b/c I don't want to get addicted again--I'll have to wait until next summer before our 10 year anniversary vacation. That one, I can't wait for!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. Do you like blue cheese? yes, I like "bleu" cheese
2. Favorite Food? anything from Cheddar's
3. Do you own a gun? No and I am just fine with that.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? does Jack Daniels count?
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Only if you're screwing something to my skull (see past posts)!!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love them!!
7. Favorite Christmas song? Cannon in D by TSO
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee
9. Can you do push ups? what the hell is that?!
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My watch and my wedding ring
11. Favorite hobby? sports and video games
12. Do you have A.D.D.? no
13. What is one trait that you hate about yourself? that I never did anything after high school w/ my music abilities.
14. Middle name? Todd
15. Name 3 thoughts at this moment. 1. Finding a house 2. Man, dad has the TV turned up loud! 3. I miss my wife
16. NAME 3 DRINKS YOU DRINK REGULAR? from most to least? beer, pop, milk
17. CURRENT WORRY RIGHT NOW? finding a house we like that we can afford
18. CURRENT HATE RIGHT NOW? not having enough money to buy the house April and I both love
19. Favorite place to be? Disney World...duh
20. How did you bring in the New Year? working
21. Like to go? not on your life!
22. Name three people who will complete this first? uhh.....
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Black Tony Schumacher shirt
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? nver have
26. Can you whistle? yes(got that trick form by dad)
27. Favorite color? red or black
28. WOULD YOU BE A PIRATE? arrhhhhh matey......I don't think so...
29. WHAT SONGS DO YOU SING IN THE SHOWER? don't
30. Favorite Russian Chauffeurs name? What the heck is this?
31. Favorite boy's name? Collin
32. What's in your pocket right now? my hand checking if there is anything in it
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Looked at pictures on funnyjunk.com
34. Best bed sheets as a child? Peanuts
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Nearly cutting off the end of my right index finger in 6th grade
36. Do you love where you live? Not particularly--it's hard to move back in with your parents after having so many years of freedom.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2 in my parents
38. Who is your loudest friend? Tom Goodman
39. How many pets do you have? 1 spoiled rotten Black lab
40. Does someone have a crush on you? it better be my wife or Angelina would work too....
41. What is your favorite book? J.R.R. Tolkien anything
42. What is your favorite candy? twix
43. Favorite Sports Team? like that has to be asked of me!
44. What were you doing 12 AM last night? sleeping
45. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? It's too damn early!!

I don't have a blogger account so, I'm doing this as anonymous

Todd