Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CHANGE...my word for the year

After much thought, I decided my new word for the year is...CHANGE. With so much change going on in our lives, I thought this word to be the most appropriate.
CHANGES coming in 2008:
1) Todd began a new job in KC two weeks ago.
2) We put our house on the market and it sold within two weeks. We are currently under contract and will be closing on February 1st. Yes, that's right! We have two weeks to get out! (Am I sensing a pattern here??)
3) Todd has moved in with his parents in KC so we don't have to pay for an apartment (Bless them!!).
4) Soze and I are moving in with my mom so we don't have to pay for an apartment (Double bless her!!).
5) I am leaving a job that I absolutely love and heading out into the great unknown. I have applied with four districts and interviewed with two. In fact, the Park Hill interview went fabulously!! I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for that one.
6) We have to buy a new house somewhere in KC--we don't know exactly where yet, and we probably won't start "seriously" looking to buy until late April or so. We want to save as much money before the move as we can!
7) Due to Mom's limited space, I won't have access to a computer (besides school) for the next 5-6 months--my blogging days may be VERY limited this spring. I am going to try to borrow a laptop from school and take it to places that have free Wi-Fi (Saturdays at Panera anyone??). Also because of Mom's space, I am only taking what I absolutely need scrapbooking wise. I have to take some stuff--I don't know that I could go 6 months without scrapbooking. I mean, I haven't even started LAST summer's Disney album (okay, I have 1 page done!), much less any pages that go in our family or Christmas albums. I would like to get caught up in both of those at least! Plus, I want to make the scrapbook about Dad. That one may wait because I have all the pictures on the computer and don't know about printing them all before we move...yikes! Maybe I should JUST in case anything happens to the computer! One thought better--I may put ALL of our pictures on CDs JUST in case. Good one April!

I do plan on scrapbooking my word for the year--CHANGE. I may wait until we have officially moved and bought a house, but it will make the album for sure!!

Well, since today is an "Ice" day off from school, I am using this time to pack. Wish me luck!

April

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Hey, good for you! I like your word...definitely good for this year! Make sure you post a pic of the page when you finish it...I'm curious since I'm struggling so with mine. Maybe I should just do it and quit thinking so much about it! :) Don't pack your scrappin stuff b/c Jennifer and I want to have one last scrappy weekend in your honor. What dates are good for you? I'm supposed to let Jennifer know so that we can look at a time. Also, when are you packing the U-Haul? If Trai doesn't have to work he said he'd be happy to help!

April said...

Too late!! BUT, I am basically taking everything with me to Mom's. It was just too hard to decide what I'd need, so I am taking it all! I'll have to get back to you on weekend dates--basically any weekend past spring break is good. I know I have 2 weekends free in February too, but I'm not sure what those are. We are supposed to pack the U-Haul NEXT FRIDAY!! OMG--I just realized that it's next Friday! Holy cow we have so much to pack!! Plus, I am gone Sunday afternoon-Tuesday night for a conference in St. Louis. Guess what I'll be doing in my spare time!