Monday, March 31, 2008

NEW HOUSE!!!!

Well, Todd and I are no longer homeless. We signed an offer for a house in Lee's Summit this weekend, and they accepted! We are buying a house on the Southwest side of Lee's Summit in a nice little neighborhood. The sellers accepted our offer of a thousand less than the asking price, and they are giving us their stainless steel side-by-side refridgerator, built-in microwave, 1-year home warranty, and the necessary pool equipment. That's right folks--we are buying a house with a FREAKIN' POOL!!! They have spent $6000 on the above ground pool and deck, so it is VERY nice. We didn't really want a house with a pool, but this was just too good to to pass up. We definitely think there was a reason why we didn't get the other house last weekend. These are the pictures from the website--Note: I LOVE THE KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My favorite room--I have always wanted a red, white, and black kitchen!!


We love the beams on the ceiling and the wood above the fireplace. The owners don't know if the gas starter even works b/c they have never used it. We will definitely use the fireplace, so the inspector will have to tell us that.

I don't really care for the wallpaper in the hall bathroom, but Todd likes it. We made a deal--I'll live with the wallpaper if he lives with the kitchen. I took the deal!
The master bedroom isn't huge, but they had massive furniture in it. We figured if they could fit their furniture in it, we could fit ours. The master bath is small too, but we can live with it (I hope!)

The pool area is FABULOUS!! They have two gates on either side of the deck so you can walk down in the yard area. The backyard is actually quite big, too, even with the pool. It backs up into a field, and according to the owners, there can't ever be houses back there.
The house also has a big doggie door coming out into the backyard, so we'll see if Soze can get used to that! We know she won't be enjoying the pool since she hates water, but we do want to to enjoy the big backyard.
We also plan on finishing the basement too. They have started some of it, but we want to finish it. We also have to make a few changes to the plan down there, too. We think there is room for a family room/den, scrapbook room, and a bathroom. We are hoping the inspector can tell us where all the plumbing is downstairs.
We are supposed to close on the house on April 30th. That gives us the month of May to paint, maybe begin on the basement, and get the house ready before I move up at the start of June.
I'll see you all up there!!

7 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

congrats! looks really cute! and a pool????? Wow! yeah, em and i will be visiting this summer! :) i'm so happy for you and I agree...the kitchen looks like the best part of the house! how could todd not love it...it's nebraska colors.

April said...

That's what I said!! I can't wait to see it all fixed up with our colors and furniture. I can't wait for you to come up this summer! I'm in charge of the pool, so we'll see how that goes!

Kodi Logan said...

okay, since you have a house now...i'll make it official...can we stay with you all when we fly out kc and the night we get home?

April said...

Of course you can! I can't wait for you to see it! Do you need me to drive you there and pick you up? I'm willing to do that so you don't have to pay for parking. I'm sure that can be expensive. I don't mind at all!

Kodi Logan said...

You're so sweet! How will I ever survive with you being so far away?????? ;) Let me talk to Trai and see. We'll be driving my grandparent's minivan, so I guess you could ride with us and just drive it back home, huh? We'll see. I don't want to be a huge inconvenience to you. We totally appreciate the place to stay. That will save us a bunch of money! Plus, I'm stoked to see your new pad!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and Todd! That's WONDERFUL! KC is a nice place to be!! We almost moved to that area, but it didn't work out....so we're going with plan....ummmmmm.....E? My hubby got out of the Navy, and is getting into the border patrol. We will be moving to the Southwest US. We're just excited to be together as a family. We're really happy for you. Love you, Lyndsi Reynolds Smith and family