Monday, March 24, 2008

New job...still homeless

Over the past week, I have been up in KC with Todd. I went on one final interview with the principal of Christman High School in Independence, and while I thought I did okay, I wasn't sure. I was one of three finalists for the English position, but I guess I nailed it! I am now an official new staff member of CHS (effective August 2008)! This job has put somewhat of a wrinkle in our house hunt though. Because Overland Park and Independence are literally at opposite ends of KC, Todd and I are looking to live in the Lee's Summit area. We found a house we really liked, and we even put an offer on it, but the owner is not willing to budge a cent. He did come down from the original listing, but not enough to even warrant a counter-offer. I took pictures of the house, too, but I have no way of getting them to the blog down here in Springfield. I'd have to do that from the in-laws' house. Our realtor has been great through all of this! She knows we have tough criteria--location, money, floor plan, etc. Needless to say, I am going back up this weekend to see if we can find an even better house!!

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Congrats on the job girl!!!!! Wow, I was expecting the opposite...you'd find a house, but not a job. I think it's more important to find the job first though, so major congrats! When will your school year start? We need to start throwing some dates around in April for our scrapbooking weekend. I have 2 Saturday schools that month. What does your month look like?

April said...

I think I am good for any (I'll plan around a scrapbooking weekend!) EXCEPT for my birthday weekend which is the 25-27. I'm not sure what Todd has planned for that weekend.