Thursday, November 6, 2008

One year ago...

On this date, one year ago, my life changed. My dad left this world to be with his Heavenly Father. This news bit me today as I was walking out of the school building. I hadn't even thought of today's date because I was at school all day long in a pull-out session for grading our common assessment. When I walked outside, I checked my watch and noticed the date read "6". November 6th...why does this date sound familiar? Then it hit me--my dad has been dead for a year. A YEAR?!? I still can't believe it has been this long, and I have done no scrapbooking yet about this event. I just can't bring myself to do it. I know I made my brother one for Christmas, but it was a gift to him. For some reason, I don't want to make one for me. I mean I do, I just don't want to. Does that make sense? I know the pictures are downstairs waiting for me, and I know I will do it eventually, but.... Needless to say, since I haven't scrapbooked this "stuff" yet, I have also put on hold any events that have taken place since then--no Thanksgiving of last year, Christmas, my birthday, whatever. To close, I'll add a picture of my dad that always makes me laugh. I know he's up in Heaven, fishing with Angie (my sister). Here's to you, Dad!

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Man, I read this and coudln't believe it had been a year. It seemed like you just went through all that. I'm sure you'll get all that scrapbooked soon enough. There's probably a reason you haven't done it yet. Time can do amazing things.

Hayley Fraser said...

I will always remember the night you called me to tell me about your dad--you had only known about 15 minutes, I think. And the ever-dedicated teacher you are thought immediately about your school responsibilities. I know you miss him. And I miss having you around school. But I'm glad to hear you and Todd are settled and content in KC. Have a great weekend.