Sunday, February 15, 2009

She's gone...

Grandma finally passed away yesterday at the ripe old age of 90. She lived 30+ years beyond her beloved Guy, but now the two of them are reunited. Now she can give him all of her love from all of us!

Mom received a call yesterday from her brother, who said that it wouldn't be long now. Of course, Grandma had tricked them all before, but this time, it was real. Mom said that although she couldn't be in the room when her mother drew her last breath, she knows Grandma knew she was surrounded by love. (Mom did not want the last image of her mother to be of her dying, so she opted to stay out of the room. I don't blame her one bit--I would probably want to do the same thing.)

According to my uncle Allan, Grandma smiled twice before she let go of this world. I wonder what she was seeing when she let herself be taken away. Was she seeing Jesus? Those Heavenly Gates? I know she is no longer suffering, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

I do plan on going down for the funeral on Wednesday. It's about a 7-8 hour drive, and that's the longest I will have driven by myself, but I am ready. Maybe a little solitude will do me some good...

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Ah, April. I'm sorry that she had to go. It' so hard to lose a loved one...even when you know they are going to a better place. I love the story of the smiles...I bet you are right. Be safe on your trip and you still need to call me!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

April,
So sorry to hear about your grandma- you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
-Stephanie