Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grandma

For those who believe in the power of prayer, I have a request (of sorts). My grandmother, my Mom's mom, is very very very sick. While she's been ill for a while, physically, she's always been okay. Her mind began to slip a few years back, and last Christmas it was evident that she did not know who any of us were, even her own children. Well, now she is in a hospice facility basically waiting to die. Grandma contracted e.coli in her bladder a couple of weeks ago and that caused her entire body to shut down. She only has one kidney to begin with, and it was only functioning at 20%. The doctors have said there is absolutely nothing they can do. She hasn't had any nutrition in at least a week, and now the doctors have taken her off of everything but morphine to keep the pain subsided. All of her children are around her now, so this is my request. I know Grandma will not return to her normal self, and I know the best thing for her would be to pass away peacefully and without any more suffering. This is my prayer. Lord, take her away to you so she can join you in eternal life. Be with her in her time of passing. Please do not let her suffer any longer.

This is a picture I took of my Grandma last Christmas. In fact, it is only one of a few that I have her period. Maybe one day I can find pictures of her and create a keepsake album for my mom. I bet she'd like that...

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

So sorry to hear the news April. I hope she does go quickly and peacefully. It's so hard to watch our loved ones suffer.

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for her and the family both.