Monday, July 11, 2011

Celebrating my birthday with Princess Diana!

 

Mom came up for my birthday weekend at the end of April, and we drove downtown to see the Princess Diana exhibit presented at Union Station. The Diana Foundation did an extraordinary job displaying her personal effects and giving those of us who never got the chance to meet her a little glimpse into her life.

 My nutritious lunch at Union Station consisted of Diet Coke and a Rice Krispie treat.


 Since we weren't able to take pictures at the actual exhibit (I don't blame them...), I bought a book and took pictures from that. Of course I'll have to scrapbook those! :)

 This trip to the exhibit was the week before William and Kate were married, and everyone was buzzing about their upcoming wedding. It was very cool to be able to see Diana's actual wedding dress and think of what Kate's might look like in comparison.



The most emotional part of the day was seeing and hearing moments of Diana's funeral. Elton John's "Candle in the Wind" song played over and over as we read Diana's brother's memorial to her. Needless to say, I was not the only one in tears that day!

 Mom took Louis and me out to lunch at my favorite birthday spot--the Cheesecake Factory at the Plaza. Since it was Easter Sunday, everyone was dressed in their Sunday best. Unfortunately, I had just bought new shoes to wear with my new dress, and the shoes didn't fit. I had to settle for my silver flip-flops instead. :/



 This is the best of best--our cheesecake desserts! Mom ordered her usual Strawberry cheesecake, Louis ordered a double or triple Chocolate, and I tried something new--Red Velvet/White Chocolate cheesecake. It was super duper rich, but it was soooooo worth it!

No comments: