Thursday, September 27, 2007

The joys of heartache

Why can't I ever blog about happy news?? Why does everything have to be so negative? Todd and I just need to come to the conclusion that medical woes will always follow us no matter how hard we try! Tonight has been a bad night at the Nord residence. We just received two forms from our insurance company saying they are no longer paying for my gynocological visits because they are under the "fertility" umbrella. According to the insurance company, I owe $625 for two Dr. visits in August. I haven't even received anything for September yet, and I saw him two or three times for ultrasounds for my cysts. It's not so much the money issue because we'll just send the Dr. a monthly payment, but in order to keep up the fertility treatments, I have to pay in full each month--that's probably over $1000 without insurance coverage. We just can't keep that up. I guess we'll go back to trying ourselves, but we know where that has led us in the past. It breaks my heart to think that young girls get pregnant every day (we have a few at school that I see on a regular basis!), yet there are women like myself who want a baby more than anything, and after years of trying to get pregnant, and we all hit is a brick wall. I don't understand it, and while I'm sure I'm not meant to understand it, I wish for once that something would go our way.

Okay, enough of that...Tomorrow is Friday! Most of my kids at school have earned the privilege of having Starbucks (they are paying half) and watching a movie. Luckily for them, I'm so nice!!

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

oh april. won't the insurance cover the ultrasounds for the cysts? that is not a fertility issue. i would call and fight them on that for sure!

April said...

I did this morning--the nurse is confident that they will cover the cysts ultrasounds, but she said that the others may or may not be changed. They can discount them for me, but only to a point. When I called the insurance company, her only reply was for me to write a letter of appeal. I'm not sure what to do.

Heather said...

I am saying prayers for you April. You really have to go after the insurance people. They have tried to screw us over before with Hannah's medical issues and for my diabetic problems too. It still doesn't make things any easier though.

Kodi Logan said...

where is this updated blog you talked about?