Monday, June 11, 2007

A $60 pedicure is so not worth it

After working at the computer all morning at school, I decided it was time to use my gift certificate for a pedicure. Todd had given me one for my birthday back in April, and I wanted to wait until school was out to "treat" myself. Well, I thought the pedicure was nice, but I definitely won't pay $60 to have another done any time soon. The girl who did my pedicure was great--she talked to me about my summer, work, tattoos, etc. When she started filing my toenails, I thought I was going to come out of my seat. I felt like Shrek did when his toenails were filed! I usually just clip and go, but no....she had to clip, file, then rub my cuticles away. I truly didn't think I was going to make it that far! Once the painful part was over, the rest was a breeze. I got a foot scrub complete with razoring off my calluses (cute image, I know), hot water massage, parafin dip (again, painful and HOT), then I took about a 20 minute nap while my feet were wrapped in plastic and allowed to soak up the wax. I didn't think I would have fallen asleep, but the girl woke me up when she came back in the room. She took the plastic off my feet, peeled the wax away, then gave me a foot massage. This was by far the best part! Once the massage was finished, she colored my toes and sent me on my way. All in all, the pedicure lasted about an hour, and I gave her a generous tip, but I think I will wait a while before doing that to my poor toenails again! I am, however, making a massage appointment for when I come back from Florida. I leave on Saturday!!! YIPPEE!!

1 comment:

Kodi Logan said...

i wouldn't have been able to take it either. no one can touch my feet except my husband and then it's under my careful instruction! :) that story was too funny!

i can't believe you leave for you first disney trip saturday. have a good time!