Thursday, June 28, 2007

Girls Night Out


I probably have more "Girls Nights Out" than I should, but with Todd working at night and the fact that we don't have kids yet makes me not care! I had a great time tonight with my friend Kodi and her friend, Holly, from school. We met up at Maria's for dinner (Kodi turned me on to a great cheap meal--Fried Tacos! Yum!), then we walked over to the Moxie to see "Chalk", an independent film about teachers during one school year. I have to say that I loved it! I don't really know if Kodi or Holly enjoyed it as much as I did, but I thought it was pretty much right on! Since I teach high schoolers, I identified with the teachers while they battled some of their situations (cell phone abuse, sarcasm, administration...you get the point). The theatre was nothing like I imagined it to be, but it was cozy and I could tell the employees took pride in their theatre. I will definitely go back again! If you are a teacher, you need to go see "Chalk". You can see the trailer at http://www.chalkthefilm.com/. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

i did really enjoy the film. i'm wondering how much we missed b/c everyone was laughing. the whole cell phone event...i had that happen this year with a rough kid. i had not had any problems with him all year long...i was really the only teacher that hadn't. he kept pulling the cell phone out one week like the last 2 weeks of school and so I told him i would take it. ended up turning into this major power struggle. he even had the nerve to not only keep his phone out, but call his mother during the middle of this struggle. i snatched it away from him right before she answered. when i tried to take him to the office, he darted the opposite way down the hall. the principal had to search the building to find him. i was so mad that day. he had respected me all year long until that moment.

April said...

that sucks...we have had MAJOR problems at KHS with cell phones and it's not even the kids in particular. I have had more parents calling their kids during class than anything! At one point I want to answer the phone and tell them their son/daughter is busy with my class. How would that go over?

Kodi Logan said...

probably not very well. i'm pretty sure that fran used to text catie during school. i don't think she ever called her though.