Friday, June 8, 2007

School is out for summer!


Hallelujah! We are officially out of school. This year felt as if it both crawled and flew by, all in the same way. It seems like it was just a few months ago that I was packing up my old room downstairs to move up to Room 217 to teach regular English. It also feels like forever ago that I had my 4th block class from you-know-where! Now I have learned that I will no longer be sharing a room next year. While I am super thrilled to have my own space (a full size classroom!), I am moving downstairs to Room 101, which is *technically* a home ec room. Now it will be mine for the new Reading program. I will have to give up the room during my conference period so another teacher can teach in it, but other than that, it is all mine! I don't have to travel anywhere to teach from a cart!!! That is the real thrill! So, needless to say, I have been spending my time once again packing to move. I will miss Hayley, my roommate this year, but I will see my English buddies all the time. The pic posted is my English I kiddos. They loved making their "Romeo and Juliet" masks and acting out a scene from the play. I truly enjoyed *most* of my students, and they taught me so much. Bless them!

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

cool! congrats on everything. did you get my "chalk" email?

April said...

No Kodi, I didn't. The last email I think I got from you was the photo one. What was it? Can you send it again?

Kodi Logan said...

i'll try...i wanted to see if you would like to go see this teacher documentary with me. i'll try to send you a link to the site so you can watch the trailer. it's coming to the moxie on june 27th.

Kodi Logan said...

i really thought you would blog more. what's the hold up?