Monday, June 4, 2007

Back from Kansas City

Todd and I made it back from KC all in one piece last night. I was exhausted (and still am!). Since school still isn't out for another 4 days, we had to come back late last night after the Drag Races were finished. That was the whole reason we went to KC in the first place--Todd has started a new tradition of seeing the NHRA Drag Races in Topeka with his dad. He has not totally won me over yet, but the more I watch the races on TV, the more I'd like to see them in person. I will make Todd a "complete" wife if/when I ever go with him to the races!

Todd met Ron Capps, one of his favorite drivers.

Todd also saw plenty of action from John Force, an NHRA legend.
Robert Hight, part of John Force's team, had a very bad wreck when his car caught on fire and was engulfed in flames in less than a second.



While Todd and his dad enjoyed some father/son time, Todd's mom and I made a girl's weekend out of it. We went shopping on Saturday--I found another awesome scrapbook store called "Archiver's Scrapbooking"! While I love the stores here, the last two I've visited (in KC and Memphis) just blew me away. They had soooo much more stuff than our stores here. It was a little overwhelming! I could totally see how someone new to scrapbooking wouldn't have a clue where to begin in those stores. After shopping for some new scrapbooking papers and the Creating Keepsakes "Computer Tricks for Scrapbooking" magazine, Todd's mom and I went to Border's to look for books for my Reading class next year. I am teaching a semi-new class next year, and there is ZERO curriculum for the class. I will basically be starting from scratch. I did find some interesting young adult novels at Borders that I thought might grab the kids' attention.


On Sunday, after Connie and I got back from church, we decided to try out the KC Zoo. That was very tiring! I will say this--this zoo tries to keep their animals in as much a natural habitat as possible. Because the animals are so spread out, our feet and legs felt like we had walked for miles and miles and miles. I hadn't looked forward to sitting down in an air-conditioned car in a long time, but I was ready for the car when we returned!



Well, since I do have three more school days left, I better be going to bed! Good night!

8 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

YEA!!!! You're doing great! I loved the pics. You're diggin' that new magazine aren't you? So, what did you buy at the scrapbook store? Just paper? Trai, Emmarie and I are going to MEmphis for our birthday weekend. I told him I had to go back to that store and had to go back to Coyote's. I think he is game. Since it will his birthday that day,I offered to get him a beating or a body shot. He didn't want either! :)

April said...

Too funny! Todd wouldn't go for the beating, but he's up for a body shot! I do love the mag, can't you tell? I basically bought just paper. I did buy a Jolee's-type 3D embellishment of St. Louis Cardinals stuff b/c I can't ever find it down here. I also looked at the Crop-a-dial, but it scares me a little! I have no idea how to use that thing! Gotta run--should be grading/packing instead of being on here!

Kodi Logan said...

don't let the crop-a-dile scare you...it comes with directions and i can show you.

Heather said...

I'm hearing beating and body shot, should I be scared of something? Kodi, is this something I need to prepare Joey for since we are probably going to CU with you when you come?

Kodi Logan said...

uh, heather, i wouldn't go to coyote with anyone unless you are sure they are ok with outrageous behavior. it is very extreme! i know joey and trai have talked about going...now we just need to make sure you all come with us. my plan, b/c you know, i'll be turning 30 that weekend and trai will be 34 on that day, is to go to hard rock and then coyote. sound familiar april?

April said...

You all will have a BALL!! Heather, just be prepared for lots of swearing and simulated sex...ahhh...wish I was there right now!! Ha-ha!!

Kodi Logan said...

congrats girl. your school year is officially over. i expect to see some more bloggin from you!

Kodi Logan said...

oh, i also meant to tell you that micheals had tons of mickey scrappin stuff! stuff i've never seen before. i bought some really cool paper. it was vellum mixed with a plastic feel, it's weird, but really cool!