Thursday, July 19, 2007

Almost finished with current scrapbooks!!

I am officially one page away from being caught up with all of my current scrapbooks. Over the past week I have scrapped all of Todd's drag racing pictures, our most current family pictures, and even the past school year pictures. The only thing left for me to do is the Scrapbook Generation challenge page. I am a little stumped on that one. I thought about including my "Teacher" page for the challenge, but I want it to be about me as a person, not my professional life. After seeing Kodi's challenge pages, I want to crawl into a hole! She is an awesome scrapper! If you haven't checked out her pages on her blog, click on the link from my page to hers. You won't be dissappointed! (By the way Kodi--how do you take such good, clear pictures of your pages???)

Here are some of the pages I worked on this week:

This is my "Teacher" page. I am so proud of myself (and of Kodi for being the guiding light) for stepping outside of the box and using more creative things on my pages other than just paper and stickers. I have 1000s of stickers probably, and I don't ever even use them anymore. I may use one here and there, but for the most part, I have started using more paper, ribbon, ink, and I would love to add more 3D embellishments such as eyelets, brads, stitching, and whatever else exists out there!

These pages above are from our "Girls Weekend" with Kodi, her sister Jennifer, and me. I actually like the Coyote Ugly pages better, but I didn't want to post them. They may have incriminating evidence on them!!



These last two pages are from the KC Botanical Gardens or the equivalent. Not much was in bloom the weekend Todd and I were up there, so I have only one picture of a flower. I didn't even take the picture for the flower; I took it for the bee on the flower!
I will have to post my Challenge page next, but this will probably be my last big post until Todd and I return from Florida. We will be up at Borders at midnight tomorrow night to pick up the last Harry Potter (say it isn't so!!!), and I am planning on reading it this weekend. No Internet, TV, nothing until I have the book finished. I may even wear my headphones tomorrow night so no one can spoil it for me. Monday will be reserved for cleaning and packing, then Tuesday we are vacation bound! We will be back on August 3rd, after spending 6 days in Florida, then another 4 days with Todd's family in KC. I will have so much scrapbooking to do when I return!


2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

YEA!!!! I love them all. Boy, you are switching over girl! We'll get you in a new album and you'll be set. I find it a challenge still to clear pictures of my pages. For my challenge page, I actually hung them up on the wall. Weird, but that way I knew they would be flat. I tried to hang them at eye level so that I could get a straight shot but they still turned out a bit crooked. Guess I'm gonna have to dig out the old tripod. Thanks for all the compliments on your blog. I'm telling you...the more you play around with all this "fun" stuff the easier it gets. I look at pages I did even just a month ago and want to redo those. It's funny. There is so much stuff available that the styles are constantly changing. We need to get together so you can try out some brads, eyelets, etc. You can try out some of mine and see if it's something you want to mess with. I'm so envious of your Disney Trip. 2nd trip to be exact. Geez! You all have a great time! I bet you take a lot more pictures this time!!!! I cleaned out pictures today and put them in my power sort box. What were we thinking back in the 90s. All my shots are of backgrounds...the people look like ants. Photography has come a long way! O, btw, I think that teacher page of yours is my favorite one you did. It looks really cool! Good work girl!

Kodi Logan said...

"Get" clear pictures...typo up above.