Sunday, July 1, 2007

My own Mother beat me at bowling!!!!

I still can't believe it! My own mother, whom I did learn used to bowl weekly either before I was born or when I was very little, beat me at bowling! Todd and I went over yesterday to her house to visit with my brother and his family. They were in town for Firefall, but we ended up not going due to the day's storms, mud, fear of getting in stuck in the mud, etc. We did drive out to Firefall, but after watching a van being pulled out of the mud by a truck, we turned around and went bowling instead. I think we all had a great time! I wish now that I had taken pictures because some of the bowling moments were just too classic to miss! Adam, my 20-year-old nephew, landed flat on his butt in the lane when he threw his ball on the first try. We all got a big laugh out of that one! Then, of all people, my mom started kicking everyone's butts! I only scored a 100 and 102 during my games, but mom ended up with a 105 on her second game. You would have thought she had won the lottery when she rolled a strike. I think she actually rolled 2 or 3 strikes last night! Todd beat me in the second game 141-102, but I beat him 100-70 in our first game. We will definitely have go bowling more often!

Todd and I leave for St. Louis tomorrow because he has his Gamma Knife radiation treatment on Tuesday morning. Hopefully, this will be the treatment to end all treatments, and we can get on with our lives without Cushing's disease. I hope all of you have a wonderful 4th of July!

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

too funny. i can just see your mom bowling! i don't need any pictures to visualize that one! :)
glad you ended up having a good time. i wondered about you all.

tell todd good luck. we'll be thinking of you all and praying that this works! the four of us need to get together when you all get back. as long as you don't mind a 5th wheel...emmarie! :)

Kodi Logan said...

i'm gonna start my sister's keeper next so that we discuss it. go to your library and get these books girl. i'm sure nixa has them.

i don't know about the 19 minutes for high school. i, as a teacher, would worry, especially with the group of kids you have, that it might give them some ideas. then again, it might help them to know that others experience what they feel. i don't know...that's a risky call.