Thursday, July 19, 2007

Consider Yourself Challenged


After thinking of what I wanted to do for my challenge page, I decided to go back to my roots--the 80s. I wasn't born in the 80s (I'm not that young), but I do consider myself a "Child of the 80s". This became my theme. I found a picture of me during the 6th grade in 1989 and posted it, along with my current 2006 school picture to show how much I have either changed or not changed. I'm not sure which it is just yet. Along the pictures, I created a list of things I remember about the 80s. In case you can't read it, here it is:


*Tight-rolled jeans.

*I wanted to be on Star Search.

*I can sing "We Are the World".

*I wore Reeboks.

*I rollerskated on Friday nights.

*I thought Hulk Hogan was the best wrestler of all time.

*I watched the Smurfs on Saturday mornings.

*My bangs were perfectly teased 4 inches above the rest.

*I wore a side ponytail and Lee Press-on nails.

*Posters of New Kids on the Block covered my walls.

*I watched Luke and Laura's wedding.

*Banana clips were a godsend.

*I pinned friendship bracelets to my jeans to finish them.

*I thought Debbie Gibson was better than Tiffany.

*I yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters Club.

*I wore 2 pairs of socks, each a different color.

*I thought we'd all be flying cars by the year 2000.

12 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

that is great! i love the theme. cracked me up. good job...i bet no one has an entry quite like that!

Holly said...

hilarious! where did you get that paper! how perfect!

April said...

Holly, I got the paper at one of the Scrapbook stores here in Spfld. I think it was the one by Bass Pro. Yep, it was. They had 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. I actually bought the paper b/c I thought I might scrap some pictures from school of when we have 80s day during spirit week. So far, I haven't even taken any pictures of that!! Now all I need is some 90s paper for high school!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh April, I think we lived in the same house. I was able to check off everything on your list. I really got tickled when I read it. Great job!

Kodi Logan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kodi Logan said...

I called Trai in to look at your page b/c I had been telling him about it earlier. He walked in and said, "Is that Darth Vader hair?" Now that is funny! It really does look like it girl!

Jennifer said...

That is so great! I remember all those things! The Lee Press-on Nails were the kicker for me! HILARIOUS!!

April said...

...Darth Vadar hair! Too funny! I had never thought of that!

Allison Davis said...

I love the theme of your page!!! What a great angle to take on the challenge! I was cracking up at your list! I remember those days!

the scrappy chic said...

Your list cracked me up! I think I related to almost every thing you listed! Makes me wanna get out some old pictures:)

Laura said...

What a fun page...the double socks and reeboks and the high hair, Perfect!

Kodi Logan said...

good grief girl...where are you. i know you are back from your grand trip. are you aware that your page was showcased on the challenge? come on girl...post something. seeing that darth vader hair everytime i log in is killin me!