Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Scrapbook Central

I hadn't posted in a while (except for the tagged post), and I wanted to get some feedback on my new scrapbook pages. I haven't scrapbooked in a really long time. It has taken me a while, but I was motivated to kick it in gear. I have caught up to May of this year, and I want to be current before Todd and I leave for Disney. I know when we come back I will be heading back to school and will want to scrapbook that trip this fall. (Kodi we are getting together this fall, right? Ava Coon Club? I am there!)

These are some of the pages I have done so far:

These 2 pages of my HS 10-year reunion. I was going to do a small album of this event, but so many of the pictures were of "random" classmates that I found myself only selecting a few pictures of those people whom I was really close to during HS.



These 2 pages are of the ice storm. I know the pages themselves are VERY simple, but this was first experiment with ribbon. I am proud of myself for branching out--ribbon, stamps, 3D embellishments, etc. I still haven't used paper the "proper" way just yet, but I am getting there.


These pages are from the Cardinals game that Mom and I went to during our "Mother-Daughter Weekend" back in April. I also scrapbooked the "Chicago" musical, but since I couldn't take any pictures inside of my own, I didn't think it would be wise to post those pictures I "stole" from Google.


I am also in the middle of reading My Sister's Keeper. So far, it is a great read! I read until almost 3 am this morning. I want to have it finished before the last Harry Potter comes out, and at this rate, that shouldn't be a problem. Todd and I are going to see the latest Harry Potter movie tomorrow, and to psyche ourselves up for it, we watched the first 4 movies yesterday. ALL of them! We started about 3 pm and finished around 1:15 am. Not bad...God I love summers!

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

those aren't 12 x 12 pages are they? they look skinnier and taller. i'm glad to see you scrappin again girl! i'm hoping that once jennifer gets back from her cruise we can work in an ava coon hunt weekend! :) too funny!

April said...

They are, but the pic was taken at an angle. I am scrappin' our Coyote Ugly trip tonight. Can't wait to see how that turns out!

Kodi Logan said...

ooh,me either! i got the album to start scrappin those pages...maybe you'll inspire me to do so! :)

Kodi Logan said...

where you be girl? i know you've been doing something fun and worth writing about...finishing the book, watching harry potter, come on girl. get with it!