Monday, September 3, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I have been tagged by Kodi (of course!)! She tagged a while back, but I just haven't had time to get online to do anything *fun* since school started. I am sure all you teachers out there can sympathize! Since I have been tagged, I will try my best.

Here are the rules:
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. ***IF you have already done your middle name than do the State that you live in with new adjectives!*****
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts. ***Or state if you have already been tagged before!***
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here is mine:
K--Kind--I try to be nice to everyone I meet. Usually I am too nice and it ends up biting me in the rear. I have this one student this year that I am trying to kill with kindness. He is so angry and depressed all the time. I know he had a horrible middle school experience, so I am trying to make up for that. We'll see how far my kindness will go with him!
R--Robin--I miss my dear friend Robin probably more than she knows. She moved to California not too long after she got married back in 1998. I have only seen her 2-3 times since then. Every time we talk on the phone, we both just end up bawling like babies! I hope to see her soon--maybe this Christmas!
I--Ignorance--Todd always tells me that for someone with lots of "book smarts", I don't have any "street smarts" or common sense. I guess that's true! I have horrible observation skills. I will drive by something a hundred times before noticing that it's there. My mother is the exact same way! I guess that's where I get it from!
S--Sassy--I would love to be more sassy in my everyday life. I wish I could be more aggressive and assertive, but again, it all goes back to my K word--Kind. I am too nice to be sassy!
T--Travel--I love to travel! Although I enjoy staying home on the weekends during the school year, I love to travel during the summer! One of my goals is to see all 50 states before I die. I would also love to go to London, Paris, Rome and Moscow. Todd and I are hoping to go on a cruise next summer for our 10-year anniversary. We have also talked about going back to Hawaii instead. I have a feeling we will go to whichever place is cheaper!
I--(another I?) Inventive--At school I have to be inventive with my curriculum. I didn't even have a Reading curriculum until just about a week before school started. Because these kids usually hate to read, and they are in my class to learn how to be better readers, I have to invent ways of making reading fun. I try my best, and sometimes things I think are fun don't turn out that way at all in the classroom, but other times, my kids surprise me! We'll see how their textbook presentations go this week!
N--No--I am slowly learning to say "No" to people when they ask if I would do something. For example, when asked if I would continue to sponsor Key Club this year, I politely said, "No." It's not that I don't like the Key Club kids, but I would have to be at every after school meeting, before school meeting, conventions, etc. When asked if I would teach an English III class on my Conference hour, I politely said, "Oh Dear God, No!" Yes, I would be paid for it, but my conference time is the only time I have to work on SRI (reading test across grades 9-11) stuff. If I gave that up, I would be at school until 8-9 pm most nights! No way!! Uh-uh! Not going to happen!

Well, that's my tagged post. I am supposed people with the letters of my middle name, but I'm not sure I know people who read my blog with those letters, so here ya go:
You've been tagged--Mom, Robin, Haley
If you don't have blog, you can do your list as a comment on my blog.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

glad to see you on here again. also glad to see you are saying no. you're already at school late!!!!! i saw you the other day on the road by wal-mart on campbell...you were singin and crusin away...didn't see me.

April said...

too funny--that would be me! not paying attention, but singin' along to the music. I have missed my exit on James River so many times b/c of that!