Monday, July 21, 2008

Cirque de Soleil: Saltimbanco style

Last night Todd and I had the pleasure of going to see another Cirque de Soleil show (our first being La Nouba at Downtown Disney). We met up with his two cousins, April and Aaron, and their significant others, Chuck and Sarah, for a night on the town. We had a great time! The show was really good--full of bright colors, beautiful music, and gymnasts/performers you would not believe. While Todd and I agreed it was not as good as La Nouba, we thought for a traveling Cirque, it was the best it could be. I understand they probably can't do all the phenomenal ariel acts because they can't/don't travel with that equipment. Still, it was worth the money to see this type of show. I'm now definately a Cirque fan for life!

Last night after we got home, Food Network was showing a Challenge show(we love to watch those!), and guess what the challenge was? The chefs had to create cakes showcasing Cirque de Soleil La Nouba! Seeing this show made us miss La Nouba and DisneyWorld that much more, so today I ordered the La Nouba DVD and soundtrack. What a geek!!

5 comments:

Hayley Fraser said...

I saw the Cirque show "Ka" at MGM in Vegas a couple of summers ago and I was amazed. I wasn't sure it would be something I would like but the sets were amazing and I couldn't believe how creative it was. You should go see that one!

Hayley Fraser said...

Oh, gosh. I used "amazed/amazing" twice! Our students' favorite word! They always say stuff like, "If you could hand me that piece of paper, it would be amazing." Yes, I am in amazement that you could hand someone a piece of paper...

April said...

Oh yes...I know those students well. We are always interested in seeing new shows, and Vegas is at the tops of "Places we'd like to visit someday." Of course, Disney World is at the very top!

Kodi Logan said...

My mom LOVED, LOVED, LOVED La Nouba. I probably won't ever be able to top that Mother's Day gift! :)

I have a feeling I'm going to hear a lot about all the fun stuff you get to do. With living in KC...I know it's just beginning! I'm glad you had a good time. How's that scrappin' coming along? I just signed up for Digi in Deep through Jessica Sprague. That makes my 3rd class this month! I've got to finish up my 2nd digi scrappin class and try to get current with my photography class before this next one starts!

Kodi Logan said...

My mom LOVED, LOVED, LOVED La Nouba. I probably won't ever be able to top that Mother's Day gift! :)

I have a feeling I'm going to hear a lot about all the fun stuff you get to do. With living in KC...I know it's just beginning! I'm glad you had a good time. How's that scrappin' coming along? I just signed up for Digi in Deep through Jessica Sprague. That makes my 3rd class this month! I've got to finish up my 2nd digi scrappin class and try to get current with my photography class before this next one starts!