Saturday, July 26, 2008

Disney memories

While Todd and his dad work on our basement, I wanted to get a new blog out today. You might want to sit back and relax because this may turn out to be a LONG blog. I just finished scrapbooking our Disney World trip from LAST summer (bummer we didn't go anywhere this summer...) this weekend, so I wanted to show off some of my favorite pages from the album. This is my first album of completely no Creative Memories materials, with the exception of some paper, adhesive, and a few (very few) stickers. I am trying out a whole new world of scrapbooking, complete with chipboard, stamping, brads, eyelets, etc. This album even became an ABC album, even if a few letters were represented more than once!

Creating this album really made me miss my Disney World, and when Todd and I talk about going back, our faces just light up like we are two little kids. So...we've decided we are going back next summer for our 10-year anniversary, staying on-site in a nicer hotel in which we've stayed in the past. Todd is going to work his butt off to make enough commission so we don't have to pay for any of it out of our own money. Can it be done? If Todd has anything to say about it, he will work, work, work.

Sorry about the picture quality--I'm not quite sure how to take GOOD pictures of my pages yet.

This is the intro page to the album:

The second page is one titled "You Know You're Obsessed With Disney..." and includes several items like "when you have a Mickey Mouse tattoo and want more."These pages are part of a two-page spread for our dinner out to Chef Mickey's. I included the receipt because I wanted to remember that we paid $60.00 for two dinner buffets!
















I am particularly proud of my Epcot page because it is my first true attempt at sewing on a scrapbook page. Thanks to Kodi (Thanks Kodi!!), I know how to draw my stitching first, and then sew on top of it!

I "scraplifted" this idea for the Everest rollercoaster page from one of my magazines. I don't remember who/what magazine it came from, but I loved the idea!

Over the course of our vacation, we found 27 "hidden" Mickeys out of several hundred! I know we will be on the lookout from now on when we visit, but for now, these will have to do.


I tried my sewing technique on this page, but I'm thinking after completing this one over a course of a FEW days, I won't be trying it again any time soon. It was a cute idea, but it took FOREVER to finish!! I wanted to it to look like it had been done sloppily on a machine instead of painstakingly by hand. Did I accomplish my goal?

I love these two pages simply because they are all about the castle! I don't care how many pictures of Cinderella's castle I already have, I will continue to take pictures of it every time we go! (That's also one of my "You know you're obsessed..." items too.)


When Lisa and I went to Disney World last summer for the Reading conference (Thanks Springfield School District!), we watched Mickey's show at Magic Kingdom. Todd did not want to stop and watch it, so luckily for me, I'd already taken several pictures!

For some reason, I just love these two pages of Nemo -n- Company. The colors just popped out at me, both in the pictures and characters. (It doesn't hurt that Finding Nemo is one my favorite Disney movies either!)
















I love this page because when we rode "Pirates of the Carribbean" I took a nice picture of Johnny Depp's character, Jack Sparrow. Another nice touch is the Pirate Mickey!
Another sewing job on Mary Poppin's page--this time I used the stitching as my journaling lines. I was/am proud of myself on this one because the idea came from my own head!
I wanted to include the Tower of Terror page just because of the picture. If you can click on the picture to make it bigger, look at the woman in the second row! Classic!

Probably like most people, we had random pictures of different spots at Epcot. I made a collage with five pictures and surrounded them with flags of different countries. Although it's one of the busiest pages in the album because there's no white space, I liked the contrast to other pages.

Our last page in the album is a "Top 11 Things We Learned on Vacation" list. Hopefully you can click on the page to read the list.
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of our Disney scrapbook pages. I guess now it's time to move on to the family album. I'm so far behind in it that I haven't scrapbooked anything since Dad's funeral. Yikes! Maybe if we can get my scrapbook room downstairs finished, I'll get some more work done.

4 comments:

Hayley Fraser said...

Wow! You have done so much! I love your messy sewing. I am lazy...I use my sewing machine. I need to learn to stitch by hand...is it really difficult? It does seem like it would take a lot of time. I always think of you when I see all the Disney scrap stuff at Wal-Mart. I am hoping to do more pages tomorrow. I actually have a few ideas but it's hard to get going after not scrapping for a while, isn't it? Love all your stuff...

April said...

The stitching, I've learned, isn't really all that difficult, but it is time-consuming. Anytime I have stitched, I've drawn out what I want, then sat on the couch in front of the TV to actually do the stitching. That could also be why it takes me forever (hee..hee..)!

Now I'm just trying to get all of my stuff re-organized before school starts. Can you believe I go back NEXT Monday? One week!?! It's killing me!

Kodi Logan said...

Wow April! You have been busy, busy, busy. So, you're Disney album is now finished?

Great work on all your pages. It's so exciting seeing design that is not CM!!!!!!! hee hee! I'm looking forward to seeing some digital pages soon...thrown in for good measure, you know! :)

April said...

You know what's funny? (Sad or funny...) I am now addicted to Scrapping with IkeaGoddess for all of the free digital freebies she finds. I save the ones I like, but I haven't done a single digital scrapbook page yet. The idea is just too daunting for me! I think I'll wait until Jessica's class before tackling that hurdle.

Yes, the album is complete, except I don't have any of the pages in an actual album yet. I've been waiting for a HL or Michael's coupon before I buy one.