Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Four days left of my summer

That's right...only four days to go before I head back to school for meeting, more meetings, and just possibly more meetings. I have two weeks of meetings before school even begins on August 18th. Where has my time gone? Why are there so many meetings???

In honor of going back to school, I went shopping for my usual "back to school" outfit (or two), plus I did a little something to my hair. I've wanted to color it for a while now but didn't really know what I wanted. So yesterday I took the plunge. I still didn't know what I wanted until the hairdresser and I just started talking. She showed me different colors and talked me through the process. Once she started, I was ready to roll! After two hours, I walked out looking like a rock star!! I don't think these pictures do my hair any justice--it was late, we'd been painting all night, and I was tired!
On a sadder note, I received word this morning that my good friend Kodi and her husband Trai had to put down their dog, Max, last night. I cried when I heard the news, and I cried again when I read her blog dedicated to her buddy Max. I know how much that dog meant to her family (they gave him a home when no one else would), and I cannot imagine the pain they are in today. Apparently, his stomach turned inside out and upside down and sideways due to "bloat." They put him down and buried him in the backyard underneath his favorite tree. To Max! I love you Kodi!

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

April,

Thank you so much for your little Max dedication. That meant so much to me. This is seriously 100 times harder than I thought it would be. I know it will get easier with time, but it's far from that point right now. I keep seeing him laying in the floor in all his usual spots. Nestle won't go outside now that she's realized Max is buried out there. She won't eat, so I've been sneaking her a lot of people food to entice her a little more. Emmarie just told me Max would come back after he played with Jesus. It's just a very sad day here...will probably be very sad for several days.

On a positive note, your hair looks great. I've always adored that brave side of you...a side I've never had. I love you too girl! Give Soze lots of extra love...you never know when their time will come.

Hayley Fraser said...

Love your rock star hair! What a great way to start the year...The kids won't know what hit 'em! Good luck!